Chicago The Band Music Community

The Official Chicago Fan Network

Morning all, Anyone know if there is any support with Chicago or are they just on by themselves, like they were last time they came to london (London Motor show) ????

Have a good day

Tony

Views: 129

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey folks,

As promised/threatened, my review is now up:

http://uncle-unkool.blogspot.com/2011/07/2011-summer-of-gigs-8-chic...

Hi everyone :)

I'm a newbie to this website, and I wanted to say hi earlier but my membership wasn't approved until *after* the concert :P

Last night was amazing.. I don't usually go to concerts that much, but I've been listening to Chicago for years and I told myself if I ever get the chance to see them live, I will.. And it's well worth it :D

The highlights for me? OMG where do I begin?! Hard Habit To Break, You're The Inspiration, Saturday In The Park, the list goes on.. Jimmy Pankow's amazing :)

On a side note, it's slightly depressing that none of my friends have ever heard of Chicago, so I couldn't share my enthusiasm with anyone!

I was wondering if I was the youngest person in there ;)

Thank you, Chicago, you've made my dreams come true!

You're the next generation!  It just keeps going, they are an amazing band!

Hi everyone.

Im a new one to this, but have been a big fan of Chicago since 1984's 17, when I was only 12.  I saw them for the first time on Wednesday night and the show blew my head off.  Awesome does not come close.  Thought Lou Pardini's voice was amazing, as was Keith's guitar work.  My fave of the night was Hard to say I'm sorry/Getaway.  And I've got to be honest, I sung along to every song.  Hope they come back again next year!!

Hi Brett thank you very much for sharing the article.

Brett Simpson said:

Hey folks,

As promised/threatened, my review is now up:

http://uncle-unkool.blogspot.com/2011/07/2011-summer-of-gigs-8-chic...

Hi All

I enjoyed Brett's review. Spot on Brett...but I have to challenge the bit about the absent Walt 'never really being a key figure in Chi's history'....Walt started the whole darn thing in 1967!!!!!!

I too missed Walt at Hammersmith yet I think all present would agree that Ray did a grand job.

Mark

walt parazaider.....without him there is no chicago and without him playing there is no horn section..that aside..his stand in gave me a handshake after his solo ..no - one got one from him ..he was awesome and had to be to step into walts shoes ( who by the way has had heart issues that prevent hin from flying)....

Mark Slater said:

Hi All

I enjoyed Brett's review. Spot on Brett...but I have to challenge the bit about the absent Walt 'never really being a key figure in Chi's history'....Walt started the whole darn thing in 1967!!!!!!

I too missed Walt at Hammersmith yet I think all present would agree that Ray did a grand job.

Mark

A bit OTT to say there's no Chicago without Walt, and I seem to remember hearing an excellent horn section at the Apollo! Of course he's important and he's a personality in the band, but Ray was great and the concert was unbeatable.

ray was brilliant I meant to say..without walt there wouldn't be that horn sound ...the three originals created...
Henk-Ype, that is a hard copy of the setlist!! how did you get it? Maybe I can do the same in the concert in Madrid ;-)) ... I can't wait to see Chicago this Thursday!!!

Henk-Ype Koldijk said:

Hello from Holland!

Chicago will play 2 hours and wenn You see the playlist, there are some surprises! (Wake Up Sunshine from Chicago (2))

I saw Chicago in Hamburg, Köln and Stuttgart and everytime it was the same playlist.

The Concert in Stuttgart was a lot better then the Concert in London 2008 in the Exel was. They are playing with their hearts again!

I hope you will have a lot of Musikfun in the Hammerschmith.

At the left site You see an copy of the playlist from Stuttgart.

Keep meaning to ask if anybody round these parts was interviewed outside the venue for some European website? They approached me, but I politely declined, as I had seen some of their 'fan videos' from the Toto gig and thought they were horrid...plus I tend to express myself a wee bit better with the written word!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chicago -Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service